Post operative Extraction Instructions
Always remember a clean and healthy mouth heals more rapidly than a neglected one.
On the day of treatment:
- Rest for a few hours, but you do not have to lie down.
- Strenuous exercise is best avoided for the rest of the day.
- Do not rinse the mouth.
- Avoid HOT fluids, alcohol, smoking and hard/chewy foods.
- Should the wound start to bleed, apply one of the small gauze compresses that was given to you. Place this on the bleeding point and bite firmly on it for 20 minutes.
- Within 2 hours of the extraction, take a pain relieving agent.
- If prolonged bleeding or pain occurs, contact the surgery.
On the next day after treatment:
- Use a warm saline rinse to bathe the wound. This should be carried out 4-5 times per day, at least after every meal until healing is complete. A saline rinse is made by dissolving a teaspoon of salt in a glass of warm water. This solution should be held in the mouth for 1 minute to bathe the wound and then discarded.
- Avoid over vigorous rinsing.
Any queries, do not hesitate to call us on 6248 0161