At Canberra Dental Care we want to make your first visit to the dentist as comfortable as possible. Part of that is ensuring you know what to expect.
We also understand that for some people a visit to the dentist can be difficult. See our Frequently Asked Questions for some tips about nerves as well as when to start bringing children to the dentist.
Making the appointment
On your first visit please arrive at least 15 minutes ahead of your scheduled appointment. This will allow you time to find us and to check in. We pride ourselves on running to time but in order to do this we need your help.
There are a number of ways to get to Canberra Dental Care:
- ARRIVAL BY CAR – There are a number of options for cars:
There is now undercover parking at 33 Allara Street – right underneath Canberra Dental Care operated by Wilson Parking. See the details here
There are 1 hour metered car-parks along Allara street. However, there are not many so please allow time to park.
There are also a small number of free 1 hour car parks on Constitution Ave (opposite the pool)
You can also park in the stack parking at the Canberra Centre and walk down. It will take you about 5-10 minutes.
- ARRIVAL BY BUS – there is a bus stop on London Circuit outside the Legislative Assembly (heading to Civic) or outside the Waldorf hotel (heading away from Civic). It will take you approximately 5 minutes to walk from the bust stop to Canberra Dental Care.
- ARRIVAL BY TAXI/UBER/DROP OFF – there is a taxi rank right outside Canberra Dental Care. There is also a couple of 5 minute car parks there for drop off and pick up
What to bring
- Please complete the Medical History Form prior to arrival. This will save you time when you attend but will also mean you can complete the questions without rushing. This information is important as it lets your dentist or hygienist know critical things about you and your health.
- Your health fund card. This will allow us to process your claim for you. See our payments methods for more information.
- Your Veterans’ affairs card or Medicare card if you are eligible under those schemes. See our payment methods for more information.
- You oral care packaging for recycling. Canberra Dental Care now has a recycling program with Terracycle. You can recycle your toothbrushes, toothpaste tubes and other oral care waste. See our news item for more information.
I’m changing from another dental practice
If you have been seeing a dental previously we can request your dental records from them. This provides us with the best record of your dental history. The Authorisation for release of medical records form is required in order for them to release those records. If you would like your records to be obtained please complete the form and email it to us in advance. In order to have those records available at your first appointment we need to have time to request them. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org.